Exercise One:Word comparison
Listen to the following words from your tape and repeat.
climb crime bowing boring
flea free Jelly jerry
law raw belly berry
lot rot light right
Exercise Two: Tongue Twisters
Say these tongue twisters out loud to paactise the sounds [l] and [r]:
1. Laura and Larry rarely lull their rural roosters to sleep.
2. Sri Lankans are really leery of Landry's rules.
3. Climbing crimes are lures for crowded clowns.
4. There are free fleas for all the loyal royalty.
5. It's the right light with the glimmer in the mirror.
6. Collecting the corrections is the role of the elderly.
7. Are Roland and Sally rallying here in their lorry?
8. Jerry's berry jelly really rankled his broiling belly.
9. Yellow arrows frilled with reefed leaves are rarely light.
10. A leaky rear latch on the listing bark lifted right up and the water fushed in.